Thursday 19 March 2015

Teal Butterfly


Hello again

Well today I have made 2 cards and couldn’t decide which to share 1st but as one was similar to one I had previously made I decided on the teal Butterfly card

This was a sheet I came across in one of the folders – sometimes it’s like Christmas coming across a folder of sheets and kits I had forgotten about...
I’m afraid I don’t know the sheet maker or where it came from.


For a change I used coloured card – this was a pale green adorable scorable card which I folded in half. Something else I have had for far too long is a bundle of beautiful coloured card that has silver chunks embedded in it – so I used a pale pink, this was trimmed to fit onto the main card leaving a border all round.

I cut the main image from the sheet and used a pale green pro marker to colour the edges then stuck this panel onto the pink mat.

The beautiful flower come in 2 sections so they were cut and attached using sticky pads, the top flower was shaped before being stuck in place.


Next it was the butterfly – this had 2 identical butterfly sections and I did consider doing back to back but then went for the normal one on top of the other.


The sheet offered 3 sentiments so I used the happy birthday, this was also attached with sticky pads.

Now my favourite part – decoration!

For the centre of the flower I used purple accent beads on and then around those I used a deep pink. To attach the accent beads I used blobs of pva glue, this can take around 4 hours to set hard.

I used some tiny pearl gems and pva held them in place on the pretty flowers, then I used a pretty green Stickles glitter glue to add dots f colour around the flowers and then the same again with a crystal Stickles this time added dots to the large flower too.

The Crystal Stickles was laid thickly along the butterfly body and again this takes time to dry

And lastly the sentiment, I used dusty pink Stickles and dotted around the edge.

Not sure why but this card really appeals to me – I think its the rich colour of the butterfly

I hope you like the card...and if you fancy having a go at card challenges leave me a message or look me up on facebook where I have just set up a group – everyone is welcome.

Back again tomorrow
Hugs
Angie
x

3 comments: