Friday 20 March 2015

Red Sneakers


Good Morning

It was lovely opening the curtains to sunshine....it’s a little over cast just now but hopefully the sun will burn through as the morning passes, after all it is only a little after 10.15am.

Ok so this is the 2nd card I made yesterday, it was using the fab sneakers stamps again – oh I love this set.

Making the card I used a sheet of white A4 card which was folded in half making my A5 card, I used it as a tent fold card this time. I came across an A4 sheet of shiny red card, it’s not mirri card just a high gloss card, so I cut a piece to cover the base card leaving a narrow border, then cut a piece of silver mirri card again leaving a narrow border all around. 

I used smooth white card cut to 19.5x13.5 cms and the back ground sneakers stamp, I stamped this twice and then had to ink just the edge of the stamp to cover the card, I stuck this to the card using double sided tape and put to one side for now.

I cut another piece of white card that measured approx 14x10.5 cms. I stamped the sneakers in the centre of the card and again onto the piece of card that was left over after the background and main panel were cut. I coloured the sneakers on the spare card using Poppy Pro Marker, I went over the stitching using the same pen 2 or 3 times to make it darker. This was then cut out and I used tiny sticky pads to attach the coloured sneakers to the stamped image.

I thought the panel looked bare so began searching through stamps for something to use as a border and eventually came across a small pack of 4 border stamps that had been a free gift on a magazine, I was sure I would never use them but the rik rak looked perfect so stuck it to my acrylic block and stamped along the short side only to find the stamp hadn’t been put on the block straight but after looking at it again I quite liked the wobble so carried on and did all the edges using Black Versafine ink pad.

This panel was then matted onto a piece if the red shiny card, I covered the back with tiny sticky pads and added this to the card on an angle, when I had stamped the background I found a few places where the ink wasn’t as dark so the topper was perfect to hide that. 

Next I started colouring the tiny sneakers, I used my lovely Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils and Pentel water brushes as I didn’t want then as red as the main image with them being the background. By adding the topper before I coloured the background I didn’t waste time and effort colouring what would then be covered up with the topper.

And the last part was the sentiment – no matter how many time I stamps this out, or what inks I use it always looks quite faded and blotchy so I think that’s how it’s meant to look, so once stamped I trimmed it down and matted it onto the last scrap of shiny red card, this was then stuck across the top left corner of the topper.

I am now undecided as to decoration – I don’t want to overdo it, don’t want to add sparkle or gems so really all I could do is add some glossy accents...but for now I have just left it.

So, do you like the red sneakers? I think the stamp is perfect for any colour really – in the set I had the small circle and a choice of star, heart or leaf to go in the middle, Converse I believe had the circle with star inside and after looking them up they come in every colour imaginable!

Right time to look at tidying up my room again – I am the only person that uses this room but I do wonder how and why it is always so untidy! Good job it only takes 15 mins or so to put everything away and create a workspace again!

Catch you again tomorrow
Hugs
Angie
x






No comments:

Post a Comment