Tuesday 31 March 2015

Pretty Pink Shoes


Hello

Got a super duper card for today – in fact I used the same kit and created 2 cards which are very similar to each other


I started with a sheet of white card measuring 16”x8” and used an 8x8 embossing folder to emboss one side of the card, then I scored along the centre, folded and that is my card blank created.

Last week I bought myself a set of Faber-Castell Mix & Match Gelatos and haven’t yet had a chance to play with them, but because I had a fab embossed back ground I used a cotton wool pad which I sprayed with some Avon lemon room spray and set to a side for a moment


I used 3 coloured Gelatos, a pink, lilac and purple, I lightly ran each colour randomly around the edges of the card, then used the cotton wool pads and gently rubbed it all over the embossed part of the card, I loved how it was varying shades of colour – and the card smells yummy too!

I cut out the main image – which by the way the info for the kit – it was designed by Janet Roberts and has 3 sheets to the kit, the main front sheet, the single insert panel and the decoupage elements, and it is all so easy to cut out!


So the main panel was cut out and I used 2 A5 sheets of silver mirri card, one was plain and the other embossed with hearts, so I trimmed them both down and added the piece with hearts to the top half of the panel and the plain silver to the bottom, leaving the famous all round border.


Using double sided tape I stuck my panel to the card sort of to the right and bottom corner.

Using the bow making I created a double bow from some beautiful lilac organza ribbon with a satin edge, I cut the tails into V shapes and stuck the bow to the top left corner with a sticky dot. The heart shaped Birthday Girl sentiment was cut out and placed directly under the bow, I used double sided sticky pads to do that then added a tiny sticky dot on each of the ribbon tails and positioned these around the heart.

The decoupage was cut out and added to the panel with double sided pads.

A few months ago I had a magazine with the free gift being a die – I haven’t given it a 2nd glance until today when I was going through my dies looking for some pretty flowers for the card

So I cut out the panel 3 times – so it was 3 large, 3 small and 3 leaves in lilac 300gsm card and I used a Tattered Lace leaf die which I cut out of white card. I stuck the 3 larger flowers in the bottom left corner using cosmic shimmer pva to hold them in place, a dot of pva was added to one end of the leaves, both the white and the lilac and then gently pushed under the flowers.

The 3 smaller flowers were placed in the top right corner in the same way and had leaves added too.

To finish my card I added a big blob of pva to the inside of the larger flowers and carefully dropped a 10mm lilac AB gem into it. For the small flowers I had bought a pack of pretty cerise pink aluminium roses from Hong Kong and I though the darker shade made the card.

The insert was trimmed and stuck inside the card using double sided tape.

I made a 2nd card which is along the same lines but this time I made it a landscape card and changed the position of the flowers as well as changing the amount....

So there we go – my card for today.
I have entered the card into my Card Challenge Competition and will be posting this card out to a young girl who will be 16 next week, suffers from Aspergers Syndrome and her proud mum has asked people to send her cards and make her day extra special – mum said daughter would be lucky to get even 4 cards so was hoping her request might see the daughter receive 16 as that’s how old she will be – that number has been walked all over so now its set at 116 cards, if you want to help and send her a card I have the young ladies postal details
And this is the link to my card challenge group if anyone would like to join in - you have until 26th April to complete your card – all details are on the main page!
Bye for now
Hugs
Angie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment