Saturday 21 March 2015

Butterflies & Flowers

Hello

As soon as I bought this pad of sheets I couldn’t wait to make up this sheet – it was a mixture of pretty colours and the butterflies. I have scanned the sheet and copied the butterfly which was for the decoupage so I had 2 for the finished card.

The sheets were from a card making pad I bought from Joann Sheen, it’s called Jody Bergsma, and the artwork really is amazing. 

I created an easel card measuring 6x6 inches (15x15cm) from some lovely card I have which is smooth white on one side and shiny creamy colour on the other side, I used the white side showing for the card. 

As this is an easel I needed an extra piece of card the same size, this was then put through the Big Shot in a 6x6 pretty floral embossing folder, it left panels of flowers which really look pretty – but there are no makings on the folder so maybe it was a free gift on a magazine...


Right then, I used Tim Holtz distress ink pad in dried marigold to ink the edges of the embossed panel and then I lightly inked over the embossed sections. I then decided to ink the edges of the entire card so used the same colour.
 

Next I added strong double sided tape the flap of the easel then pressed the embossed panel against it. Using the red tape again I ran the tape along all sides of topper then pressed it centrally onto the embossed panel, this covered most of the embossing but that wasn’t so important as the embossing showed clearly on the back of the card 

Because the card I was using was bigger than the 6x6 I needed I was left with a couple of strips of card so put one into the embossing folder lining it up with the flowers and put that through the Bog Shot, once embossed I used the dried marigold ink and coloured the panel making sure the edges were a deeper colour than the flowers. 

I added very thick, very wide foam tape to the back of the single panel and put to one side as this was to be my stopper.

I printed out some backing papers for different cds but in the end I decided I liked the mid green with tiny white hearts on, it was from a set of sheets I had called Wee Stamps Decoupage Set

So I trimmed this paper down to fit the base of my card leaving a narrow border all round the card to show the orange, I used double sided tape to hold the paper to the base card.

Taking the floral panel I removed the backing tape and secured the panel where I wanted it to act as my stopper and just below that I added the With Love sentiment which again I used thick foam tape.

I cut out the 2 butterflies I had made and stuck them back to back and inked all around using the dried marigold ink again.

And then to finish I used orange stickles which I used to add a blob to the centre of the flowers on the stopper panel, I used the stickles to decorate the back to back butterfly wings then creased either side of the body to lift the wings and added more stickles to stick the butterfly to the top right corner.

On the sheet is a small square the same as the main topper so I cut it out and added to the back of the easel – no point throwing it away as it fitted there perfectly....

So there we are – a pretty butterfly and embossed flowers easel card! As it has the simple sentiment With Love it’s perfect for most occasions don’t you think?

Keep your eye out for tomorrow’s creation

Hugs
Angie

xx

1 comment: