Tuesday 17 February 2015

Love Tag


Hi

Can’t believe how late I am tonight – just don’t know what happened to today

I managed to get a couple of card orders made but don’t feel happy with them but they have to go tomorrow so it’s them or nowt.

And I have battled to create a tag for a swap in a new group I joined, the theme was simply LOVE and the tag could be any shape and size but no bigger than A5

I have all manner of ideas running about in my head but when it came to creating I was lost..I have made and scrapped 3 but decided this one was going to be the one...

So I cut my mount board to 5x7 inches and rounded the 2 top corners using the corner chomper. I came across a stamp that was ideal for the background so stamped using sepia Versafine ink and embossed using cocoa embossing powder, then I was stuck.

I decided I would try something totally different for me, so measured and marked the tag then punched 6 holes added brown eyelets and set them in place! I found a fancy edge heart which I stamped a rose text in the centre and coloured with the sepia ink and also coloured the edges of the tag.


A length of brown spotty ribbon was threaded and criss crossed through the eyelets then tied into a bow. I slipped a Love charm onto the ribbon before tying the bow and that finished that side of the tag.

I put a piece of cream card in the tied together embossing folder and fed it through the Big Shot, stuck it to my tag with double sided tape then rubbed across the embossed area with a distress in then used a deeper colour on the edges, self adhesive glitter dots in purple were stuck on the cross over’s of the pattern.

When I had a spend online a week or so ago I bought a lovely sheet that had hearts and roses so printed it so all 4 pages were on just one page, cut it all out and made up the decoupage using sticky pads. Because the design was a back to back I cut the back out and trimmed it to a heart shape then used pva to stick this is the centre of my pink/purple side, next I used double sided tape along the bottom of my decoupage section and a little at the sides then stuck it over the layer I had glued which created a lovely pocket

I had a tiny gift card on the sheet so wrote a note inside, used some purple ribbon and attached it to the gift card and popped in the pocket

And that was my Tag completed and I do quite like it now – just hope my partner will when she eventually gets it as she is in Australia.

Ok friends that’s it for tonight
See you again tomorrow
Hugs
Angie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment