Friday 30 January 2015

Welcome Little One


Hello

I have put together a very pretty card today as I went off to a local craft shop and fell in love with the new dies by Sweet Dixie

I also wanted to use one of the lovely gingham backing papers that are actually free – yes free, the papers can be found by clicking here
while you are there you really do need to be checking out the mega bundles that I use so often now and if you have an electronic die cutting machine there’s plenty there for you too

 So on to my card!
As well as buying a few dies I also bought a few packs of this lovely doubled sided pearlescent card in pink, pale pink and black.
I used my own book mega dies by Go Kreate and using the largest size I cut out in the pink card, then a size smaller cut out the pale pink and a size smaller cut out the lovely pinky purple gingham backing paper. On the screen the gingham is clearly pink but I have printed it 3 times and come through the same colour.

I scored down the centre of all 3 pages, then used the edge of my desk to light bow the pages. Using wide double sided foam tape I added a piece down the spine of all 3 layers and once they were in place I added a small piece of foam tape in the centre of the pages to hold the shape.
 

Using the pink card I cut out the beautiful pram and rattle using the die by Sweet Dixie called Pram and Rattle and number SDD053, it cut beautifully and 1st time too. I had planned on sticking the pram to the gingham card but it just didn’t look right so I cut the 4th size page using the pale pink card, but this time I folded it in half and cut 1cm off on the folded edge. I used Cosmic Shimmer pva glue to stick the pram onto the pale pink page the put to one side for now. 

On the other piece of light pink I stamped Little One in purple Versafine ink and covered with WOW clear embossing powder and heated up.

The spine of the card had a length of wide rainbow ribbon stuck down it then a length of stitched edge grosgrain ribbon on top and secured at the back.

Next I added double sided tape to the 2 pale pink pages but just along the edge near the spine, added a square of foam tape to the back and stuck the rattle across the bottom right hand corner using Cosmic Shimmer pva.

On the left page I stuck a pair of pretty hand knitted mini booties below the stamped words using wide double sided tape. Using the same ribbon as I had used on the booties I threaded apiece through a silver dummy and another piece was used to tie a bow, I used a tiny 1mm thick sticky pad to hold the ends of the ribbon and another on top of it to hold the bow.

And that left a little decoration which was simply 3 pretty pink glitter cluster gems, 1 on the centre of each wheel and one in the centre of the bow on the pram.

If you like the mini booties and want to know more then please leave a comment or email me

I do hope you like this card and don’t forget, click the link above which will take you to the freebies area of The Printable Craft Shop

See you again tomorrow
Hugs
Angie
x

2 comments: