Tuesday 13 January 2015

Pretty Foxglove


Good afternoon

My card for today is something I started  last Thursday and for some reason got put to one side but I picked it over the weekend but then because I fell ill it was left until yesterday when it had to be finished so it could be posted even though I knew it would end up arriving a day late for a friend’s birthday.

The sheets were taken from a cd I am finding myself using a lot recently, it’s by Cupcake Crafting and is called Floral Delights. When I decided I wanted to use this pretty Foxglove set I printed out the pretty open centre insert but because I was so far behind I had to use a normal insert.

So to make the card I chose an A4 sheet of pale pink adorable scorable card, this is great card because the folds never crack, even when folded by hand or using a board and score tool. I had printed 3 different backing papers so I chose one and trimmed it to size allowing a narrow border all around the card using the deckle blade in my finger guard trimmer by Woodware (sadly this is no longer available) and stuck to the card using double sided tape.
 
I couldn’t decided between decoupage and pyramage, and due to time I opted for the pyramage, so I cut out all the pieces, punched the corners of the base layer with my nip punch and built them up using double sided sticky pads. This was then stuck to a mat of silver mirri card that also had the corners punched and was then matted onto a piece of cerise mirri card with the corners punched.
The completed pyramage topper was then stuck to the bottom of the card at an angle (my hands weren’t working too well and I was having trouble lining things up so using an angle covers the problem).

I used a flower shaped sentiment to which I ran a darker pink pro marker around the edges which made it stand out. This was attached to the top right side of the card with sticky pads. A tiny dot of cosmic shimmer pva glue was placed on each petal of the sentiment and I added some beautiful gems that were gold based but pink tops.

As I have taken to doing with this type of card I printed the page of teabag tiles and browsed a few sites on the internet for some different folds, and I played around until I finally settled for this one as it just looked pretty when completed. I used cosmic shimmer to stick the teabag medallion to the top left of the card and then dropped a blob of pva to hole in the centre and added a hot pink ab gem to it.

I think the card turned out better in the making than in my mind, I added a lovely verse and that was it, just hope my friend received it today and although a day late, she was happy with it

Back again tomorrow
Hugs
Angie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment