Tuesday 6 January 2015

Poorly Doggy Wil


Hello
This is just a quick post – can I ask you all to send love and healing thoughts to my beautiful black broken coated Lurcher Wil
He is now 12 years old and has sadly started to sink health wise, I have strapped his front leg up as it has become very swollen and he can no longer put weight on it. He has cataracts in both eyes but up to mid December he was happy enough.
He has now stopped eating and most of the time I need to use a syringe to get water down him, but the biggest problem is he has developed a horrid smell about him, he sleeps almost 24 hours a day and only gets as far as our garage (about 12 steps from the door) before his legs give way.
The photo was taken about an hour ago, I have to lift him up onto my sloppy chair in my craft room.
Tomorrow he is at the vets – and although I can’t bear to think of this – I feel he will have to be put to rest.
We have had Wil since he was 4 or 5 weeks old – he was advertised on the internet and we travelled rom Hull to Willenhall in the West Midlands, he was obviously far too young to leave his mum but the conditions he was living in were disgusting – all but him and another put had gone so we bought Wil...his first food was a double cheeseburger from McDonalds on the way home.
He was all matted and smelly, had worms and fleas, and really was in a mess, but after a lovely warm bath with puppy flea shampoo and then a visit to the vets we soon got him built up, worm and flea free and a happy puppy.
We have so many lovely memories of Will but it will break both our hearts if he doesn’t come home again and I honestly don’t know how the other Lurcher Fern will be without him, she is 2 years younger than him but still has boundless energy just like a puppy – but the 2 dogs have always been together...she will take some time to get used to being on her own.
I will of course keep you all updated on Wil’s visit to the vets
Love n Hugs
Angie
x


1 comment:

  1. Awww Angie Im sorry will is so poorly he sounds like Milo was before he fell a sleep .. year before last
    He went the night before his vet appointment but he was only half the dog he was .and we still miss him
    I hope you are feeling better in yourself xxxxx

    ReplyDelete