Thursday 8 January 2015

Ohh La La I'm Sending Smiles


Good evening

 Don’t know where today has gone, well I suppose I do really, this morning we had to go back over to the vets in Hull to return the agreement forms that had been stamped and signed. Got home and it was straight on the computer searching for a holiday...
Well the good news is I have it booked and paid for now, so I fly to Turkey on 12th June for 2 weeks..on my own....something nice to look forward to.
Now where did I hide those diet sheets lol

And on to the card I made for you today.
I used Ooh La La Everyday Occasions to print out the 2 backing sheets and the topper sheet.

The card blank was a sheet of A4 purple card that was scored on line 4, A4 gate on the blue Eaziscore Board
To make the card I cut out the topper that I thought looked lovely as it looks as though a pile of papers have gone all swishy
I matted this onto a piece of light purple card that had silver nuggets embedded in it. I used old X-Cut punch to punch the 4 corners and saved the heart cut outs for later.

Now I trimmed the backing paper with large flower heads so it fit inside the card, once I was happy with it I punched all 4 corner using a Martha Stewart punch called Bubble Bath. This was then stuck inside the card, I will die cut a shape and stamp a verse when I get the chance.
The doors of the card now – I cut 2 pieces of silver mirri card and attached a piece to each of the doors.

The backing paper with small bees was used to mat the silver mirri, once I had the correct size cut I punched the corners to match the sheet inside and stuck them in place.
The topper had double sided tape put just on the left side as that is what I attached to the left door.

I found a small lilac dufex type sentiment that went well with the card front, I also had a slither of card I used for matting so I trimmed it to 1cm wide, Next I used a scalpel to careful cut on the border of the sentiment at both sides, the cut lines were just wide enough to push the slither of card through. I trimmed each end of the sliver the cut out a V at both sides, like the topper I added double sided tape to the left side and stuck it just onto the bottom of the topper so it didn’t cover the punched corner.

I didn’t do too much decoration to the card as I think it looks pretty just as it is, I used a Sakura quickie glue pen to highlight the white sections of the box around the bear and sprinkled with fine glitter.
The 4 punched out heart shaped were then added to the 4 corners of the white topper using Cosmic Shimmer pva glue.
Hope you like the card
See you again tomorrow
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment