Thursday 15 January 2015

Little Miss Giggles


Hi...

Today I am showing you another of the Jumbos I made for a friend..

I came across a bag when I gutted my craft room to change it around, in the bag were about a dozen or so Mr Men and Little Miss toppers all make up ready to use

I always use mount board for atcs and jumbos, I ask for off cuts in picture framer and usually get a carrier bag full and they just ask for a donation in the charity box

I cut the mount board to size then cut a piece of white 300gm card the same size, I ran this through the big shot using the Tied Together embossing folder.
As the topper was mainly blue I used salty water distress ink pad by Tim Holtz and an applicator tool, also used my splodge mat, so I tapped the ink pad on the mat then picked up the colour with the applicator tool and worked my way round the white embossed card, making the colour dark around the edges but getting lighter as it worked further towards the centre, I didn’t go too close as I like the whiteness against the blue. 

The topper, Little Miss Giggles was placed near the bottom at an angle; I used Pinflare gel to hold this on the inked background. I rummaged through my overflowing box of sentiments and sayings and found a few perfect bits and bobs, one was the word Laughter, it was on light blue card but had a silver border and silver text so that went in the bottom right corner.
 
On the same coloured card and again with silver text and border was a lovely little verse which related to friendship so perfect, I also came across a couple of pretty blue flowers so stuck them in opposite corners and lastly the word hello to match.

I have been asked about the size of a jumbo, it depends on who are swapping but these are actually 9.5cm x 14.5cm and I have in the past used them straight onto an A5 card

Just one more of these to share tomorrow then it’s back to the cards!

Stay warm
Hugs
Angie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment