Wednesday 21 January 2015

Lets go fishing...


Hello...
This card was made using a lovely new cd by Polka Doodles Work & Play 7
I love all of the Work & Play cds but they get better with each new one
So after printing all the decoupage sheets and some amazing papers I decided to do the Gone Fishing card
This was crying out to be done using a side stepper
So I used the Hougie board and the instructions for the simplest stepper card
Using dark brown card I used the Hougie board to mark the 28cm line then cut this piece off, I then decided how wide I want the panel and drew a line down the length of the card. Next I scored on the stepper side of the card at 3, 6, 10, 14 and 20 cm

Next I cut between the 1st and last score line then folded the steps.
After cutting out the Gone Fishing sheet I matted it onto kraft card, then cream card and again onto kraft card, this was then stuck on to the side panel using double sided tape, the topper actually stands bigger than the side panel but will still fit into an A5 envelope

Onto the steps now – the main fishing image was matted onto kraft then cream card and attached to the back step.

I cut out one of the cinema type sentiment panels and matted onto cream card, trimmed to leave narrow border then stuck to the centre step.

The front step is narrow so I trimmed the paper ribbon that was on the decoupage sheet, and then matted to kraft card and then to cream card before sticking to the front with double sided tape.

That more or less finished the card, I did add 4 black gold gems, 1 to each corner of the sentiment and I carefully poked a hole at the end of the fishing rod and fed a piece of blue string through it and secured behind using sticky tape.

I stuck a blue fish to a scrap of cream card and cut it out, poked a hole through and threaded the other end of the string through and secured at the back of the fish with sticky tape. I need to redo the fish as it looks very scruffy, good job the sheet had 4 or 5 extra fish

I’m sure anyone sat out fishing would be proud to have a fish that size hanging from the rod lol.
And that’s it for today’s card, I hope you like it as much as I do

Hugs
Angie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment