Wednesday 7 January 2015

Black Ladrador


Afternoon all

Don’t know about where you are but it’s so cold here in New Holland, thank goodness for central heating...will think about the bill once it comes in!
The card for today is something I took a long time working on as I needed it to be just perfect, it was made for a very special best friend.
The dog image was on a cd by Design House and I think it was called Canine Companions 1
My friend had a lovely black Labrador puppy for Christmas from her husband so to make the card personal to her I used the black Labrador image.

To start the card I used an 8x8 scalloped edge card from www.craftworkcards.co.uk and cut out a panel of backing paper that had the same dog image in the bottom right hand corner, the backing paper was stuck to the card using double sided tape.
I cut the topper down a bit as I felt it had far too much empty space above the dogs and when I was happy with the size I punched a border of paw prints across the top and then matted the finished topper onto a piece of silver mirri card.
The topper was then stuck to the top left of the card as I wanted to try keep the dogs on the backing paper clear.

On the topper sheet there was a passport sized topper so I stuck that to a piece of silver mirri card and punched the top of the mirri card with the paw punch.
This little topper was placed on the card, at an angle just about the dogs on the backing paper.
I cut out the blank sentiment bar and used silver peel off words to say “just wanted to say”. This was stuck under the main topper using sticky pads.

Using a length of black organza ribbon I tied a pretty bow and found a lovely rubber paw print brad so opened the legs and pushed the bow between them then closed the legs up and added to the space at the top right hand side of the card.
I was pleased with how it turned out and I knew it was perfect.
The insert had a long and meaningful verse which I won’t share as it was very personal to my friend and I, but it was printed as for an A5 card then the left over backing paper from the front was cut in half and a piece stuck to each outer edge using narrow double sided tape.

This made the insert perfect for an 8x8 card, I used some silver peel off borders to cover the join in the papers.
I have to thank another friend Suzanne for the tip on making an insert to fit an 8x8 card – ta chuck lol xx
And so we have finished another card
I’ll be back again sometime tomorrow with another new card but until then please keep warm
Hugs
Angie
x

2 comments:

  1. Your friend is going to love her card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I did love my card. I cried the words were so personal and heartfelt between the two bestest friends there good be were like sisters and lost without each other. I love her to bits. . Thank you for this most wonderful gift Angie xxx

    ReplyDelete