Sunday 11 January 2015

Another Plate


Good evening

I’m a little late today but I haven’t felt too well, in fact this afternoon I went back to bed for a couple of hours and certainly feel better now but just wish this pain down my left side would clear up.

I was quite upset a day or two ago when I found that a card I made and posted for a swap hadn’t arrived and as it was posted just before the new year its not likely to arrive now.

So I set to yesterday and made a replacement, would have liked to do the same card but sadly couldn’t find it on my pc so chose this one instead

I believe the kit was by Craftygals and where I bought it from I cannot even hazard a guess sorry.

I cut out the scallop base and used Crafters Companion Stick & Spray to stick it to a piece of white card, I then sprayed the back with Pearly Pearl Mists to give a lovely shine without losing the picture.
I cut out the layers and used a deep pink pro marker to go around the base layer and also around the card itself to make it stand out and cover the bright white edges.


I used some Pinflare glue gel which states it is odourless but having just taken the card from the envelope it smells awful – so may have to start all over again! Anyway I used the gel to lift the layers instead of using sticky pads.
 
Once the plate was complete I cut out the 2 sides of plate stand and stuck 1 side to card cut it out then added the other side and again cut it out, I used the same promarker to colour the edges and sprayed both sides with the Pearl mist spray. Scored down the centre and that completed the stand.

To decorate the card I added some tiny gems in bright blue and amber to the flower centres and a larger black ab pearl in the centre of the large flower.
Orange Stickles was used to form the body of the butterfly and the centre of the big flower.
 
I decided to print the 2 pieces to form the envelope as it must be lovely receiving post in something so pretty, I took the envelope into Picasa and added the recipients name and address in the centre panel but also added “Card Only – No Cash Enclosed” to the bottom right hand corner and on the flap I added “Please Do Not Bend, Thank You”
So fingers and toes crossed this will make it!!!
 
I do hope you like the plate card, I enjoy making them and have so many different ones, an as I said I like the idea of a matching envelope too. 
Be back again tomorrow with one of the card I am working on that will hopefully be finished so I can share it with you


Hugs
Angie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment