Monday 12 January 2015

A Card For Harry!


Hi...

Last night I had a message from our new neighbour who came to me to learn how to craft, she said it was her sons birthday and she had been out and bought some embossing powder and an ink pad but wasn’t having any luck as the embossing powder was blowing off the design so I offered to loan her my heat gun but she said it was a little late to keep trying as she needed to have a card finished last night

So I had to make Harry a card- I looked at all the lovely files for boys things on my Cameo but they all needed endless cutting out and as it was already near 10pm I changed my mind.
 
This morning I went into a fab new cd I got called Harriet & More, the cd has digi images and coloured images as well as toppers and loads of other things, and the backing papers are fantastic. I selected a coloured digi image of a lovely little boy, print 2 backing papers and from another great cd gorgeous gifts for all occasions I printed out a sheet of hessian paper – this is the 3rd time I have used this paper.

I cut out the image and matted it onto a blue patterned paper, then silver mirri card, tan coloured spotty paper then gold card.
The hessian paper was cut down to fit the front of the card and about
2 cm round the back; this was secured using double sided tape.
 
Left over from the gold mat was a length that I measured and secured to the front of the card along the spine, then using a piece of green card I used a Martha Stewart border punch along both sides then used cosmic shimmer pva glue to stick this to the gold card.

The matted image was then stuck to the card front and a Happy Birthday sentiment had the edges coloured in green with a promarker before it was stuck to the card front.

Then to finish I cut a number 6 on my Cameo and attached it to the top of the card with a brown pearl brad

I popped the card through the door and around 20 minutes later I had a phone message of Harry proudly holding his card and he said thank you...that really made it worth making1

I do hope you like this card as much as Harry does, and if you want to know about the cds I used please just message me

See you tomorrow my friends
Hugs
Angie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment