Tuesday 7 January 2014

Pretty In Pink


Hello everyone...
My knee is healing steadily, I have done as I was told, had it elevated and plenty of rest, I had the stitches out and the nurse was quite surprised at how much movement I had already – after all its not yet 4 weeks since the knee replacement operation!!
As I normally try to do I checked out the CD Sunday Challenge Blog and this week I loved the theme so had to get cracking
The card looked better in my hand than in my mind which has to be a good thing!
The cd I used was by Cupcake Crafting now known as Creative Crafting or something similar

The cd was cd17 Floral Delights
I printed the main decoupage and a few different backing sheets, well I have to say the decoupage really was a challenge in itself!!! I think it took me around 2 hours to cut out but I was so pleased that I didn’t cut off anything that shouldn’t have come off nor did I leave white sections.
I used an 8x8 creamy coloured card as my base, I used a sheet of purple metallic paper I came across and punched each long edge using a Martha Stewart deep edge punch and stuck it to the front of the card.
Next I worked on the inside of the card, I covered the inside with 2 sheets of backing paper and kept the cut offs to use on the front.
I had printed the insert and carefully cut out the centre, I folded the insert in half, then into a gatefold, added double sided tape to the gatefolds, removed the backing from the top piece only, lined up where I wanted the insert on the bottom of the card then simple closed the card, flipped over and removed the backing tape from the other side – easy or what!!!

Back to the front I used one of the cut off bits of paper and a small flower border punch from Martha Stewart to punch along the long sides, this was then attached to the card front using double sided tape.
I used the Grand Calibur to cut out 2 mats, one was in a pink pearl and then a size smaller which I checked the decoupage would fit on – this was cut from a soft cream card.

Once the mats and decoupage were in place I finished off using pink crystal gems in the 4 corners of the cream mat, tied a bow using pink glittered ribbon and added a Best Wishes gift tag with flower gem, these all went around the stem of the flowers.
Clear AB gems were placed in the centres of the flowers along the punched borders...I used 3mm for the paper border and 4mm for the purple.
As I said it turned out better than I hoped it would.
I made it just for adding to my blog and entering in the CD Sunday blog
Bye for now – see you all again very soon
xxx




7 comments:

  1. What a very pretty card and lots of detail too, inside and out. Thank you for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Angie. I admire your patience with the cutting out too.
    Thank you for joining us this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card Angie as usual . You put so much thought into each card you create. The insert is impressive and looks so intricate. Lovely to see you joining us again at CD Sunday. Hugs Wynn DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning design Angie and your attention to detail shows as with all your cards. You have so much patience to do all this cutting out. Pleased your recovery is going well and thanks for joining us this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is a beautiful creation Angie, I have not tried to do this shape card but looking at this i think i will give it a go. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card and I have this cd somewhere so thanks for the reminder.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation Angie. Well done on the new knee from a two new knee gal.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete