Thursday 22 August 2013

Call The Fire Brigade

Hi there
Yes I know – I've been naughty for not posting for around a week but I just never seem to find the time.
Last week I wasn't in a good place – things happened and before I knew it I was at rock bottom
But I am pleased to say it was short lived – and I am well on the way to being normal – well as normal as I can ever hope to be lol
I have so many beautiful cards to share with you all – I think there must be around 25 so far so plenty to be going on with.
Ive decided to use this card today as I want to enter it into the CD Sunday Challenge Blog
The theme this week is ADD A NUMBER
So to make my card I used a sheet by Janet Briggs – it was bought from Craftsuprint – I couldn't resist this cheeky chappie!!
And I used HOTP Vintage Christmas CD ROM for the brown backing paper which looks quite plain in the pictures but has a very light pattern to it which is what I wanted rather than something fancy to take your eye away from the main image!
So to make the card I used an 8x8 white card blank, printed out the brown paper and trimmed this so it could be glued to the card front at an angle...I decided it was about time I started using a different way to mat and layer as I always fall into the safety net with keeping it all straight!
Next I trimmed a piece of textured orange card – this would have been a good mat on the brown so worked well being twisted – again moving out of my comfort zone
Once the sheet was cut up I added big sticky pads to the back of the base image and this was then positioned centrally on the layers – this time it was set square...ah the comfort is good lol...
The decoupage elements were easy to cut out and they were added using small sticky pads – I shaped the up most layers.
When it came to decorating the card I used some of the lovely sheets of peel off gems...I found them in Boyes for anyone who has one of these stores and at just 79p a sheet great value for money, I think I bought 8 different colours and the dots in the sheet are in several sizes and there are loads and loads so do look out for them
Anyway I added clear with a silver edge to the water bubbles, the red with gold edge were placed in the four corners of the base image and the printed brown sheet
On the orange and the patterned red sheet I used champagne with gold edge
The helmet has a number 7 – naturally its backwards way on – the way young children write it, I added tiny gold dots to the plaque with the number on the helmet and the same were used on the Happy Birthday.
To finish off I added glossy accents to the water leaving the end of the hose and the plaque on the helmet
And that completes this lovely fun card which I think is perfect for a child of any age!!!
I will hopefully see you again tomorrow – I have to start getting things ready for my Craft Retreat a week on Friday – oh how I love this long weekend break!!!
xx

8 comments:

  1. Super card Angie - great image and design.
    Glad you are feeling better this week and thank you for sharing with us.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun card just right for a little one. I hope you got your cd ok?
    Linbyx
    GDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful bright card Angie, just the sort that kids love. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bright card. Such a lovely cute image, and who can resist a fireman!
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased you left your comfort zone Angie, just look what you came up with, a smashing card, really do like this, thanks for joining us and good to hear your feeling a lot better.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super bright image and a great card for a little one.
    Pleased to read you are 'on the up' Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super card and perfect for a little one. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely bright and cheerful card, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete