Saturday 3 August 2013

All Good News!!!

Hi
Last week was filled with happiness for several of my friends
To start with my best friend Beth & hubby Mike had some news they had been waiting for for quite some time – it came on Wednesday so now they can sleep easy
Then my friend Ann sent me a text to say her daughter Ruth had passed her LPC and had a distinction – I am pretty sure Ann & hubby Adam as well as Ruth did some celebrating and rightly so..congratulations Ruth..
I was looking through the Cd Sunday Challenge blog yesterday thinking it was Sunday and found I had 1st place with the Dragons Realm card I had made and submitted – whooo I was well pleased with that result!!!
And finally my lovely friend and class member Suzanne became a grandma on Wednesday for the 1st time. Baby Zachary was born
1 am our time but as he was born in Australia it was 8 their time and weighed a healthy 8lb 7oz – mummy and baby are doing well!
You may recall sometime ago I told you that Suzanne's son had won a new sports car, a round the world trip and some money – then I shared the photos of when Lee and Jadie got married and they are now proud and happy parents
Its sad that Suzanne and hubby Dave won't get to hold baby Zac but at least they will see baby every week through Skype when Suzanne chats with Lee and Jadie
And so that is the news all shared so onto the my card for the day
I made this for Suzanne and Dave – I have no idea who its by or when it came from, I was browsing my Picasa when I spotted the kit and it was perfect.
I added text to the blank tag which was supposed to slip under the pre filled text tag but I needed my own text
The pages were trimmed down then sprayed with Stick & Stay and secured to a sheet of marble patterned card then cut out
Once I had the 3 pages done I added a length of baby ribbon to the centre of the card – I was so annoyed it wasn't straight but it just would not lift back up..
I lightly shaped the pages so they looked more book like.
The stand was stuck to some dark blue thick card and cut out
Back to the pages, I cut out the pieces to build the pyramid and used small pads to give a little height
The tags had a hole punched then a small piece of spotty ribbon slotted through, these were added with pads to the right hand side
I printed a verse then trimmed it down with deckle edge trimmer, coloured the edges with a light blue distress ink pad then stuck it to the centre back.
I used a Sakura quickie glue pen to edge the bears the covered with glamour dust to finish
I posted the card to Suzanne and also one for her daughter Vicky who is home in Hull for another few weeks before going back to Australia – I will be sharing her card soon too!
Ok...I'm ready for my bed now – I'm shattered so will say good night for now and see you next time
x

1 comment: