Thursday 25 July 2013

Purple With Green

Hello again
This is a card I made as a challenge but cannot remember what site it was from – I know it was a purple and green card challenge
I made the card but never did enter it – that's usually the way for me these days
But anyway I am sure you will enjoy looking at it!
Sorry but I have no idea as to whether it was a sheet, a kit or something from a cd – useless aren't I? YEP....
So I used a scalloped edged 8x8 card blank and started by trimming a piece of textured green card using the Woodware finger guard trimmer with the scallop blade, then change the cassette to Victorian I think and trimmed a sheet of purple textured card slightly smaller than the green piece.
These were stuck to the card with double sided tape.
I then trimmed a piece of purple mirri card to approx 4cm wide and the length of the card – this was cut with the fancy edge too and before securing to the card I used 2 lengths of lilac & white gingham ribbon which were laid over the mirri card to form an X shape, the ends of the ribbon were secured behind the mirri panel then the panel fixed to the card using foam tape.
I tied a small bow in the same ribbon and stuck it when the ribbons crossed.
Next was the main image, it was cut out and placed at the right hand side of the card using double sided tape.
I used green holographic peel off borders to go all around the design which gave it a lift.
The flowers were all cut out and added to the card with sticky pads
To finish I added a lilac ribbon bow and gems to the centre of the flowers as well as in the corners of the box design and top right hand corner.
A simple sentiment was cut out and matted onto a piece of purple then green textured card to keep in with the style of the card.
Not too sure what my thoughts are with this card – I like the colour scheme but the main image isn't anything at all really
What do you think?
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie, this design is perfect for me, my all time favourite colours. I super layout just a shame you have forgotten if you made it for a challenge.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete