Saturday 20 July 2013

Blue Hydrangeas & Butterflies

Evening all
I am back by popular request!!!
Initially I was hoping to share a card a day – all went well for around 14 months then it was the operation followed by the house move and sadly the blog was neglected!
I have still been making cards almost every day but just never seem to find the 15 mins to post
So following a text to say the blog was missed – thanks Ann – here I am with the card for today
It was made using a mini kit by Sandie Burchall and bought from craftsuprint
Its called Blue Hydrangeas and Butterflies
It was so easy to make up – I printed the front sheet as it was and added a verse to the insert sheet prior to printing it.
After trimming down the main image I used a pretty Martha Stewart corner punch on the 4 corners.
I used a 2” scalloped square punch to punch out 4 gold holographic pieces and these were stuck behind the punched corners using double sided tape.
To make the large card blank I used a sheet of A3 dark blue sparkle card, it was cut down to 8x8 which was the size I needed.
I then stuck the panel with the gold scalloped corners to the card front centrally again using double sided tape.
I cut out the decoupage which was tricky in places and also had loads of butterflies which were endless and not so nice to cut out.
The decoupage was added using tiny sticky pads and when it came to the butterflies I used a quickie glue pen to highlight the wings then dipped them into the pot of iridescent glitter, tapped off the excess then used Cosmic Shimmer PVA just along the body so the wings were free to move.
As someone had asked for this card I used a Special Friend sentiment – as usual Sandie Burchall adds far too many sentiments to her sheets and kits so lots get binned.
The insert was lined up and placed inside the card – I used photo glue for this so I was sure to get it straight.
Decorating this card took me a long time – in the trellis work I decided it might be nice to use dark blue flat backed AB gems – what I didn't think of was the time it would take – best part of an hour in the end!!!
The small flowers needed something too – I tried gems but it looked far too cluttered with all the blue gems so instead I used a gold PVA by Cosmic Shimmer and the end results were stunning if I do say so myself!!!
Well all I can say is I do hope I have shared something you like seen as I have been AWOL for quite some time....
I will do my best to be back again tomorrow
Enjoy the lovely weather – I know I will!!!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment