Thursday 13 June 2013

Stamped and Shaded

Hi there
Today's card is another stamped effort – I do enjoy stamping and I am finding more ways to make my card look interesting without having to colour it
For this card I used a set of Kanban stamps that I love
I started by creating my square card – in case you have forgotten how – using the blue eazi-score board I scored the white card on line 7, folded it and smoothed over the score, then turned it 90 degrees and scored on line 7 again, chop off the waste and there you have your 6x6 white card.
Using a piece of smooth white card I created my background by using a blending brush and 3 Tim Holtz distress ink pads – peacock feathers, peeled paint and shaded lilac.
I started added a little colour and working it on then moving onto the next colour and so on until I was happy with it – then I used a fine spray of water which made the colours merge more then rolled over it with a kitchen roll to blot up excess water and also give a lovely pattern...as I had to stamp on the panel I used my heat gun to dry off the paper.
I used the main image – 3 beautiful full headed flowers with long slender stems – the were stamped with black memento ink in the centre of the panel.
Under that I used part of another stamp – I only wanted a small part of the flower so laid a sheet of plain paper over the bottom of the card so I stamped onto the paper and the card.
Using the nipped corner punch I did the 4 corners of the image then matted it to a piece of black care.
This was then secured to the white square card blank with double sided tape – it was positioned centrally top and bottom but then over to the left hand side.
Searching through some stamps I came across a Best Wishes stamps that was a lovely font to match the card so stamped it onto a piece of scrap white card then trimmed it and matted onto a scrap of black card – this was then secured to the bottom right of the card with thick sticky pads.
Just under the sentiment I added a knotted piece of green ribbon which was stuck in place with a blob of pinflare gel.
And to finish I added 3 black AB flat back gems to the to right corner of the card then 1 in each of the corners of the stamped panel
I was really pleased with the finished card and have had lots of lovely comments on it too
Another for the bulging to use or sell box
See you tomorrow
x

1 comment:

  1. Love this card Angie. I'll have a go at this myself as I have a similar stamp. I like the square on a larger card idea.

    ReplyDelete