Saturday 15 June 2013

Quack Quack...

Hi there
I just love everything about this card – and thinking about it almost all of the cd too
This is taken from the new cd from Joanna Sheen called Shirley Barber who's artwork is truly stunning
To make the card was quite quick and easy, because it was just the topper, backing sheet and bookmark it was ideal for letting imagination run wild.
So I used a brown sheet of card and created my A5 card blank. I adore this feather effect paper so trimmed it so I kept the patterned right edge and then I punched the left side of the sheet.
Before sticking the sheet to the card I used a piece of beige ribbon that was stitched at both sides – I stuck the ribbon inside the patterned border of the backing paper then stuck the ends down with some strong sticky tape.
The panel was then stuck to the card and ready to work with.
I cut out the topper and nipped the corners with a corner punch, then matted onto brown card and again nipped the corners
I stuck the topper so it didnt cover the punched border but did sit on the ribbon border.
A small topper was cut out and matted onto brown card, then I stuck this at the bottom of the ribbon border, I lifted the main topper and managed to stick the small topper corner under it.
The downside of these sheets in my opinion was the lack of sentiments so I used one from a sheet I printed from the last La Pashe cd rom..
The sentiment was a Happy Birthday and after trimming down I matted it onto brown card and stuck under the topper.
After cutting out the book mark I stuck one piece onto brown card then stuck the other piece on the reverse, it needed a little trimming to get both sides the same.
Because there was space on the reverse of the bookmark to write or even print on before sending to the printer I simply stamped a lovely verse.
I haven't decorated the card as yet – I could add flowersoft to the flowers and either glitter or glossy accents to the water...for now I am as happy with it as it is!
So what do you think to the Shirley Barber cd and artwork now?
Another card for this bulging box or to use or to sell cards
Till tomorrow then
x

1 comment: