Wednesday 8 May 2013

For The New Home

Hiya
I'm back....
Was I missed? Well going by the many emails and texts I have had I think I can safely say YES!
Well we are now settled into our lovely bungalow – a huge thank you to everyone who sent us cards – we have had so many arrive.
I have the craft room laid out how I want it – its still far from sorted – I have simply pushed all the stuff I don't use often under the new desk – so will unpack that lot as and when I am ready
BUT – good news...
I have a card to share!!!
Ok so its nothing outstanding but it was made with love – and a special thank you to my friend Nicky who kindly let me run loose in her craft room as when I made this I didn't have mine up and running.
The image and paper are from Joanna Sheen – Holly Pond Hill.
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
mid blue a4 card
blue holographic card
a5 piece of silver grey card
main image and backing paper.
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
The mid blue card was scored and folded into an A5 card blank.
I trimmed the backing paper so the pretty floral design was down the right hand side, then stuck it to the card with double sided tape,
The main image was cut out and matted onto some lovely dark blue holographic card, then matted again onto the silver grey card – leaving an even all round border with each layer.
The matted image was stuck to the card front with double sided tape – it was positioned towards the left side so as not to cover and lose any of the flower border.
The New Home sentiment was again trimmed down, matted first onto blue holographic then the silver grey card.
This was stuck in place with double sided tape – centrally under the main image.
And that's the card completed.
I didn't add anything to it – normally I would add glitter and/or gems but it worked just as it was and my friend from class Pat and her hubby liked it so that's all that matters.
Catch you again next time – same place folks
x

No comments:

Post a Comment