Friday 5 April 2013

It Flies!!!

Hello
Bet you thought I had forgotten all about my blog didn't you?
The truth is I just haven't felt up to making cards really – after leaving hospital naturally I wasn't in a position to do anything in the craft room.
After a few days home I actually sat at the computer but it played havoc with my knees
Then one night it dawned on me – my chairs in the craft room have air lift so I lowered both chairs so I had both feet on the floor and hey its great!
Today I have actually cut out ready to make 4 cards which I am so pleased about.
I'm sharing a card today but it isn't one I have just made
In fact I made it as part of a challenge on our craft forum which is Ukandocrafts – a group for UK crafters to meet, share hints, tips and ideas – look out for each other and of course we do challenges in card making and run monthly ATC swaps too...just google us if you are seriously interested in joining us!
Anyway the theme for the challenge was IT FLIES
And I instantly thought back to some ATCs I had recently made – one in particular was a Superman – perfect!
So that is what I did!
I printed off a couple of different backing papers and then the main image sheet
It was so plain and simple and in fact isn't really finished as no sentiment was added
I matted one of the backing sheets to silver mirri card and a small piece of a different backer to gold mirri card
Both panels were stuck to a black A5 card using double sided tape.
The image was also matted to mirri board and stuck at an angle to the top of the card with sticky pads
The decoupage was added and that was it!!!
How very idle of me eh?
I am hoping my eyes will continue to get better – have opticians appointment at the end of April – did ring to try bring forward but a day earlier was the best so will have to be patient.
Half of the time its fine I can see normally then suddenly its all cloudy and I struggle to focus – star like bits appear to flutter in front on my which means I just cannot see clearly enough to do anything..
So be mended I'm sure!
Well I hope you like the card – its made but cant imagine having a need to sue it!!
Thank you all for the cards, flowers, emails, texts, facebook messages and the visits – its a great feeling knowing people think about me with love
Bye for now friends
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment