Tuesday 12 March 2013

In The Jungle

Hello my blogger friends
Its my adorable grandson Laytons 5th Birthday this Thursday. Because he is having a party at one of the kiddies adventure play parks after school that day we wont get to see him but have been invited to tea on Wednesday so we can take his cards and presents then
Well presents are never hard to buy for 5year old boys – in fact we saw a lads construction type kit just after Christmas so bought that for him, then 2 weeks ago his mum asked would we buy him some more Lego – he wanted the fire station and 2 of the 3 fire engines – well the answer was simple – NO! We agreed to buy a fire engine and they bought the other – he had one bought fr christmas so now has the 3 – he can save any money he gets to buy the fire station which I believe is around £40.
Every year I have decided at the start of the year I will make the lad a really special card – but as with past years I put it off time and again until today I knew I had to do something.
So I browsed some folders and came up with a craftsuprint sheet – it was to be used as a basic 6x6 card or could be made into a shaker using the spare frame.
Well I didn't do the shaker and decided to make the card my way!
And this is what I did!!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
brown a4 card
Printed sheet
A5 piece orange card
4 buttons
peel off letters and numbers
Martha Stewart bird on a branch border and corner punch set
ultra fine flowersoft in sand and toffee
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
The brown card was folded and scored then the orange card was trimmed down to fit the card front.
I punched the top 2 corners and then used the border punch to punch the bottom
The sheet was then stuck to the card with double sided tape.
I cut out the main area of the card, then all the decoupage and built that up with tiny sticky pads.
The extra frame was cut out and stuck onto the base frame using thick sticky pads.
This panel was then stuck to a sheet of mid brown card and them onto the orange card – I positioned the panel to fit just under the punched corners leaving room at the bottom for some peel offs.
I stuck the Happy Birthday Layton onto a scrap of gold cad then stuck across the top of the card using tiny sticky pads.
At the bottom of the card I stuck a large number 5 and the word TODAY next to it.
To decorate the card I added 2 green and 2 blue buttons that had a scrap of white ribbon in each – these were stuck in the card corners using Pinflair glue.
Once that set I used a Sakura quickie glue pen to outline the white fluffy clouds then covered with glamour dust – the same with the tiger and panda face.
PVA was added to the lions mane quite thickly then I covered with toffee ultra fine flowersoft.
I did the same for the sun but covered that with sand flowersoft.
All in all the card hasn't turned out too badly – has it?
And that's all there was to it!
I know I say I want to do a special card but have no ideas at all as to what I would want – then did this and just know he will like it – he takes a huge tiger to bed!
Will let you know what he though of it when I know
Catch you again tomorrow – same place folks
x

1 comment: