Wednesday 6 March 2013

For MUM

Hello my blogger friends
I had a message through facebook a few days ago from a lady who goes to the Falconry Club to ask if I would do her a card for her mum for Mothers Day...normally I complain about short notice orders – she needed it for Tuesday night – but as I didn't have a great deal on I said I would do it.
The info I had was floral, bright, sparkly and bling!
I had just the card in mind...
Now I cant find – because I haven't looked – the designer – nor the name of the kit – but I feel sure its a Sandie Burchell kit.
But never mind – I'm quite sure it would be easy to find should anyone really need the info!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
8x8 scalloped card blank
The printed main design sheet and insert sheet
Tim Holtz shaded lilac ink pad & applicator tool
lots of tiny AB pearls
An assortment of different gems
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
After folding the card blank and sharpening the edge I coloured all sides of the card with the applicator tool and ink pad
The main image was cut out and simply stuck to the card front with double sided tape
The pyramage pieces were cut out and built up using large sticky pads.
That was the card made basically so it was down to the embellishing.
I started by running the Sakura quickie glue pen all over the edges of the “lace” then covered with glamour dust, the excess was tapped away.
Using lilac heart shaped gems and Cosmic Shimmer PVA they were attached to the outer corners of the design.
Next the clear AB gems were secured to the corners of the outer edge of the “lace”
On to the inner corners of the “lace” and I used clear normal gems.
Finally the biggest job was to add a tiny AB pearl to the printed hole in the lace – it was so fiddly I regretted it when I was only half way down one side – but stuck with it – literally – and it was well worth it.
The inside left of the card had a small version of the design stuck to it and finally the insert was added
I added a sentimental verse prior to printing out – this panel was stuck centrally on the inside right of the card
I had another message from the same lady to ask would I make a 2nd card – this was on Monday evening – I wont give anything away just yet as it will be the next card I share!!!
Hope you liked the card – I am sure the lady who ordered it was pleased with it!
Wonder if I have my 20,000th view yet!!!
Catch you again tomorrow – same place folks
x

No comments:

Post a Comment