Thursday 7 March 2013

For Grandma

Hello my blogger friends
Ok so yesterday you saw the Mothers Day card for the lady at the falconry club – well she asked me on Monday night – would I make her a happy mothers day Grandma card for her mum from their dog!!!!
She asked if it could be a cutie card and it had to be sparkly and full of bling.
It didn't take more than a few minutes for me to find the sheet I had in mind to use...so lets not waste any more time...here's what I used and did!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
A4 purple card
Printed sheet
An assortment of different size, shape and coloured gems
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
The A4 card was scored and folded in half making the basic A5 card blank.
The main image was cut off the printed sheet and attached to the card with double sided tape.
The very easy to cut decoupage was cut out and added to the design with tiny sticky pads
Because I had printed this sheet through Picasa I was able to add a personal sentiment which read “Happy Mothers Day Grandma” and then on the frill of the dog basket I added “I love you lots and lots” and then on the pink basket it says “Merlin loves his grandma”
I used some very tiny flat back pearls to stick on all the dots of the text like the dot of an “i”
To finish off the card I used silver pointed AB gems along the top of the card and pretty embossed heart gems and clear AB gems along the bottom.
The clear AB gems were also at either side of the sentiment label to look like brads.
Glossy accents were used on the eyes and nose as well as the basket handle.
So there you have it – a cute quick and easy card that could be used for any event...its suitable for crafters of any level too.
I am stopping here for today as we are having an all day craft day at the building and I still have a few things to get done!!!
Wonder if I will get my 20,000th viewer tonight!!!
Catch you again tomorrow – same place folks
x

No comments:

Post a Comment