Saturday 9 February 2013

Stripey Jumper

Hello...
A week or more ago I made and shared 2 baby cardigan cards – one was all in white with a dusty pink lace trim and the other I used as the Sunday CD challenge card Hello Doily
Well this card is a different idea using the same template but instead of the gatefold this is a standard A5 opening card.
I used a sheet of white A4 card, which was folded in half and a sharp crease made..then I transferred the pattern to the card using tracing paper and a pencil to get the initial pattern then turned the tracing paper over and used a ball tool to transfer the markings



I then cut out the basic shape
The sleeves were done on a sheet of A5 white card
All I had to then do was cut strips of red card – think I did them about 1.5cm – placed double sided tape along the strip then simply secure to the card front
I cut out a v neck on this card
Once I had the stripes of red over the body of the jumper I used Houghie board and ball tool to create score lines along the bottom and on the sleeve cuffs
Another strip but slighter thinner was then added at the bottom of the faux rib.
I went onto Google and found the badge for Hull Kingston Rovers, printed it small enough to actually fit the centre of my jumper.
So for all those who saw the design as simply a baby cardigan – there are endless possibilities for it!!
Another card for the over flowing card box
Back tomorrow
x

No comments:

Post a Comment