Tuesday 19 February 2013

Rugby

Hi
Well I feel much better today – still not right but certainly on the right road – mind you I was in bed a little after 10pm last night and it was around 10.45 when I got up so the sleep probably helped a lot!
I have printed off loads of sheets from new cds as I like to try make at least one card from each and that how today's card came about.
I got the new cds from Digicrafts and made my card from the Give Him Another Squeezee cd – this cd is all male related and I love majority of the images. Now I am not a fan of these squeezee cards but the makers have started to add a folder called EXTRAs and in that folder you will find decoupage!
Do my card used one of the decoupage sheets – it was a card to a page really as it didn't need any backing
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
A4 dark green card
The printed main sheet
A5 piece of silver mirri card
Glossy accents
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
To start I folded the dark green card to make my A5 card.
I trimmed the A5 mirri card using a fancy edge cutter on all four sides
This was stuck to the main card base leaving the narrow border.
I cut out the base image then nipped the corner with a punch
The panel was then stuck to the card front.
I cut out the decoupage – with this cd you can do close to the edge decoupage which is my preferred way – or you can cut wide which offers easy option and still blends in well.
Once the few pieces were in place it was left to add the sentiment which was in my bit box – the sentiment was on white card so I quickly ran a distress tool with a mowed lawn around the edges – added large stick pads and shaped the centre
Glossy accents were used on the red areas – mainly his shirt and socks or where I felt the image was too flat
Card finished – and I ask you again- don't you agree this is a great rugby themed card – and it was really click print – cut and go!
I cannot rate this cd highly enough....I know sometimes we are in a rush for a last minute card – well next time be sure to look for this cd – Digicrafts Give Him Another Squeezee
The cd has golf, rugby, football,golf, bowls, motorbikes, garden scene and so much more
Its in the “use or sell” box...like 98% of al the cards are
Thanks for dropping by
See you again tomorrow friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment