Tuesday 5 February 2013

Red dress

Hi
This is another card made for the latest Debbi Moore Project Magazine
Its from the new Fashion Divas collection Little Black Dress
Have to admit this is again taken from the magazine but with my own slant added
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
A4 sheet of black card
2 printed design/backing sheets
Assortment of gems in different sizes, shapes and colours
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I scored and folded the black card to make a standard A5 card blank...then measured along the scored edge so far down and cut into the card – basically this is a centre step card but upright
The half sheet of backing paper left from the last card I did was used to cover the front of this card – as I always tend to do – I left a narrow border all round.
At first I used the nesties and the grand calibur to create some red mats for the main image and the verse but they looked far too big so used the toppers as they were.
I stuck the red dress topper to the bottom section of the card and the verse topper was added to the inverted centre step.
I stuck the Happy Birthday sentiment onto a scrap of red card then used stick pads to add this to the bottom of the card but before it was all pressed into place I added a red fluffy feather
I had a small red 4 petal flower already cut out so stuck one piece onto another then added a large self adhesive pearl to the centre and stuck this to the outside edge of the verse topper.
I cut out a large black patterned loopy flower as well as a smaller one – put one on top of another and positioned on the card – then used a pokey tool to make a hole through both flowers and the card – a pretty pale pink pearl brad was pushed through and secured at the back.
And that was all there was to the card - all in all I would guess it took around 30 minutes to cut out all the toppers and flowers then make up the card – but its the planning of the card which takes me time to do
I took this to show the few people who came to class and they all said how lovely it
Cant ask for better than that can I?
Its another card in my “to use or sell” box
See you again tomorrow friends!
x

3 comments: